We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.studentproperties.net (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our accommodation service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by StudentProperties.net, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- StudentProperties.net may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your requirements; and
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details requested by landlords using StudentProperties.net accounts
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
StudentProperties.net may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Cookies enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches; and
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
StudentProperties.net uses information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services relating to StudentProperties.net that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To provide to landlords
- To notify you about changes to our service.
You will be asked in advance for your consent for inclusion in each instance.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Any personal information received from you will be retained by StudentProperties.net and will not be sold, transferred or otherwise disclosed to any third party, unless such disclosure is required by law or court order. StudentProperties.net may provide aggregate statistics about our users and traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will include no information personally identifying you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act, 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
UPDATING AND CORRECTION
You can revisit your profile at any time to update and correct any personal information contained in it. Please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org